Image and video hosting by TinyPic

cerjerseyscheap.net/]Cheap NFL T-shirts[/url] [url=http://www.cheapjer

in
Über uns
05.10.2018 06:54
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Kerry, what did you think of the hit that Raffi Torres laid out on Jarret Stoll on Tuesday night? I mean, he popped Stoll hard on that hit, but I cant tell if Torres just got his shoulder or in the head. Torres got two for charging, but could there be more from the league? Max Martin, Toronto Max: I must first acknowledge that Raffi Torres has done an excellent job this season in transforming his game in an effort to play within the rules; not unlike the way Matt Cooke did following his lengthy suspension. On this play however, it is my opinion that the angle of approach that Raffi Torres took ahead/to the front of Jarret Stolls center body mass in setting up to make the hit resulted in an illegal check to the head. Raffi Torres was closing in on Jarret Stoll in anticipation of making an open-ice hit but in doing so, Torres makes Stolls head the principle point of contact causing injury. While the circumstance surrounding every play is unique there can be common threads and similarities that exist for the purpose of determining suspensions. As I viewed this play I noticed distinct similarities from the criteria Brendan Shanahan used in his explanation to suspend Eric Gryba for two games. I provide quotes from that decision while inserting player name changes to appropriately reflect this current incident. "As the illegal check to head penalty (rule 48) states: A hit resulting in contact with an opponents head where the head is targeted and the principal point of contact is not permitted. "There appears to be no malicious intent by Torres on the play. Stoll is eligible to be checked on the play and Torres does not extend an elbow or launch into the head of Stoll. However, Torres route is not correct and he does not make enough of a full body check for this hit not to qualify as an illegal check to the head. In attempting this check Torres does not hit squarely enough through the body. Stolls head is the principle point of contact and the subsequent contact to Stolls right shoulder is secondary. "It is important to note that while receiving a pass or carrying a puck anywhere on the ice a hockey player bears some responsibility to be aware of an impending check, however since the inception of the current illegal check to the head penalty, no player should expect that his head will be made the principle point of contact whether intentionally or as it appears on this play, recklessly... "Taking into account the significant contact to the head as well as the fact that Torres does not hit Stoll through the body he does not succeed with his attempt to make a legal check." - In summary, in my opinion this was an illegal check to the head. - Jarrett Stoll was ultimately injured as a result of this hit (Did not return for 3rd period). - Raffi Torres has been suspended during his career. Aside from the seriousness of the injury that Lars Eller sustained and Jarrett Stoll fortunately did not, the common threads used to describe the play and the decision rendered were just too obvious and eloquently stated by Brendan Shanahan for me to ignore. Derek Holland Jersey . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Willie McCovey Jersey .Y. -- Sabres forward Drew Stafford has witnessed plenty of turmoil during his eight seasons in Buffalo. http://www.sfgiantsrookiestore.com/Giants-Alen-Hanson-Kids-Jersey/ . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. Andrew McCutchen Jersey . The Court of Arbitration for Sport ruling "puts an end to my dreams of being a top player," the 27-year-old Troicki said in a statement. "I worked my entire life for it, and it has been taken away from me in one afternoon by a doctor I didnt know," said Troicki, whose ranking peaked at No. Brandon Crawford Jersey . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match. NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield entered the season high on many Heisman Trophy watch lists.After week one, hed settle for just winning a game.Mayfield put up big numbers in the season opener against Houston, but the third-ranked Sooners lost 33-23 to the 15th-ranked Cougars last Saturday. Mayfield took much of the blame and vowed to improve before Oklahoma opens its home slate Saturday against Louisiana-Monroe.Ive just got to be better, he said. I know what to expect of myself, and knowing how the team reacts to my play, its even more important.Though Mayfield passed for 323 yards and two touchdowns, he was sacked five times and he missed open receivers at times and forced throws in other cases.Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said Mayfield got greedy.I think probably pressing trying to make the big play instead of the simple play and the obvious play, Stoops said of some of the miscues.Mayfield went 9 for 9 for 162 yards and a touchdown in the first half and wasnt sacked. In the second half, he connected on 15 of 24 passes for 161 yards and a score, but he was sacked five times and he lost a fumble.I didnt get the ball out as quick as I wanted, Mayfield said of his second-half effort. They brought a couple different blitzes. Missed some holes where they left people open. Just decision making, knowing when theyre going to blitz and what kind of gaps theyre going to leave in their defense -- youve got to take advantage of it.Its a challenge for Mayfield to rein in his tendency to go for the big play. With his strong arm and ability to impprovise, he believes he can make something big out of nothing every time.ddddddddddddThats not how the offense operates, Stoops said. We had guys in certain spots that would have been easier throws and would have helped us.It was Mayfields first time in a pressure situation at Oklahoma without Sterling Shepard, his star receiver and security blanket last season. Mayfield at times looked hesitant to throw, and in one instance, he was sacked on a fourth-and-16 in the fourth quarter.A guy like Sterling always stepped up in big moments, so yeah, it hurts to lose him, but we have guys that should be able to step up, Mayfield said. Ive just got to get the ball out of my hands. At certain points, there were people open. Ive just got to get the ball out of my hands instead of scrambling around a little too much or just not taking a chance on them -- trusting what theyre doing and getting it in their hands.On the next drive, Mayfield trusted Mark Andrews, and the tight end made a spectacular grab in the end zone for a 25-yard touchdown. Andrews catch ended an eight-play, 80-yard drive.It was kind of more of getting back to what we did in the first half -- tempo and doing what we do best, getting the ball out of my hand, not taking any sacks, not doing anything dumb, Mayfield said. Just moving the chains and keeping it moving.---AP college football site: http://collegefootball.ap.org---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAP . Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Jerseys Online Wholesale Jerseys Cheap NFL Hoodies Wholesale NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap NFL T-shirts China Jerseys Wholesale Youth NFL Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet White NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen