Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1,000 yards in a season. He co

in
Über uns
16.10.2018 13:13
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - New York Giants wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. doesnt have a problem with teams trying to get in his head.Id probably do the same, Beckham said.The emotional Beckham has proven capable of being thrown off track. It happened on Monday when he overstepped the boundary and earned a costly taunting penalty against cornerback Xavier Rhodes in Monday nights 24-10 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.Offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan questioned the approach teams are employing to throw Beckham off his game. He didnt think it was the proper competitive spirit.In terms of defenders, you really have to ask yourself, why are they trying to get in his head, why are they trying to rattle him? Sullivan said. If a guy is very confident -- Im talking about a defender -- if hes confident, if he has complete belief in his own abilities and hes a true competitor, why would you want to tip the scales? Doesnt he want Odell to be at his best?Beckham at his best is a scary proposition. He scored 25 touchdown in his first 26 career games. He set the NFL receiving record in his first two professional seasons.Teams are trying to reduce his effectiveness, even if it means getting into his head.The only reason the guy tries to get him off his game is theyre not confident enough in their abilities, Sullivan said. Theyre afraid to match up against him 1-on-1, mano-y-mano if you will. So if that is going to be the approach ... say, You know what, obviously the guy is not courageous enough, brave enough, man enough or whatever you want to say, to go ahead and play it straight up. If you need those type of tricks, OK, then so be it.Rhodes helped limit Beckham to a career-low three receptions for 23 yards on Monday night. The Giants star receiver also had a drop, a penalty and was bumped off his route on a ball that Rhodes intercepted.Rhodes and Beckham tangled and/or exchanged words on multiple occasions Monday night. Its something Beckham is getting accustomed to. Hes trying to avoid a similar result this week on Sunday night against the Green Bay Packers.I think its gotten to a point where I just want to compete, Beckham said. None of the extra stuff. I just want to compete. That never seems to be the case. You just keep smiling. Itll be straight. Itll all work itself out. Well start winning some games and help pick up this offense.The thing that kills me is that I remember when I was a kid. I remember when I looked up to someone and watched them, emulated them, he said. What Im doing is not something I would want a 6-year-old boy to be out there and learn from. Honestly, as funny as it sounds, thats really all I care about.Just being able to have that ability to be a blessing to someone else. To be an inspiration. Thats a lot of power. Thats very powerful to me. It feeds my soul. I would never, again, want to set a bad example for any kids or anything like that. Im just doing the best to be me.Beckham hasnt reached the end zone yet this season and has been involved in incidents each of the past two weeks.Hes a young man who is very emotional but hes basically a very good young man who does a lot of good things off the field. But he plays the game with a lot of passion and sometimes he goes a little too far, Giants co-owner John Mara told The Associated Press on Thursday during a conference on faith and sport at the Vatican.But thats true with a lot of players, Mara added. Unfortunately for him it seems like everybodys focused on him right now.Beckham said repeatedly Thursday he can only control what he can control. Hes thinking about the Packers.You just keep going. Keep it moving, he said. Theres always going to be bumps in the road. Theres always going to be this and that, adversity. You just overcome it. Its what Ive done all my life. Brett Anderson Jersey . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. Aaron Loup Jersey .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. http://www.officialbluejaysgearshop.com/Blue-Jays-Jack-Morris-Kids-Jersey/ .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. Kendrys Morales Jersey . Clarkson had been dealing with an elbow injury in early January and will be out of action for at least one week. He has three goals and five assists through 36 games with the Leafs this season. Steve Pearce Jersey .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. BOSTON -- Forearm cramps and finger numbness threatened to do what Boston Colleges defense couldnt: derail Lamar Jacksons Heisman Trophy run.The Louisville quarterback left the game late in the second quarter after opening a five-touchdown lead, then he returned in the third quarter to run for another two touchdowns and lead the fifth-ranked Cardinals to a 52-7 victory over BC on Saturday.I think he should be good, coach Bobby Petrino said after the Heisman favorite accounted for seven touchdowns -- three running, four throwing -- to give him 45 for the year. He looked pretty good in the second half.Jackson ran for a 69-yard score on the games third play and added rushing TDs of 13 and 53 yards in the second half. The Heisman favorite also threw for TDs from 30, 44 and 10 yards out on drives of five, four and one play to give the Cardinals a 28-0 lead just two snaps into the second quarter.THE TAKEAWAYLOUISVILLE: Petrino talked to his team (8-1, 6-1 Atlantic Coast Conference No. 7 CFP) after the first College Football Playoff rankings came out on Tuesday and told them they couldnt afford a repeat of last weeks 32-25 victory over rebuilding Virginia. Louisvilles only loss was to No. 2 Clemson.They said something about it before the game, said receiver Jaylen Smith, who had six catches for 123 yards and a touchdown. They said something about it almost every day this week in practice. So they made it known.The Cardinals should move up after Texas A&M (No. 7 AP, No. 4 CFP) lost to Mississippi State. Linebacker Stacy Thomas broke into a wide smile when he was informed of the result during his postgame media availability.Said Jackson: We fought all year and people still dont give us credit for it, for performing the way we do.BOSTON COLLEGE: Its one thing to beat North Carolina State like the Eagles did to snap an almost two-year ACC losing streak. But BC was reminded how far it has to go before it can be competitive among the top-tierr teams in the conference.ddddddddddddSITTING DOWNJackson threw an interception with about five minutes left in the first half, then left with an arm problem. He sat out the last two possessions of the second quarter.I knew it going in before he threw the interception, but I didnt know thats what was causing it, Petrino said. He just said, `Something is wrong with my fingers.Jackson received intravenous fluids at halftime and returned at the start of the third quarter. He lost the ball while scrambling on the first possession, but then he led the Cardinals on an eight-play, 77-yard drive that he finished with a 13-yard TD run.PROLIFICJackson ran 15 times for 185 yards to become the first quarterback in school history to run for more than 1,000 yards in a season. He completed 12 of 17 passes for 231 yards.It was the third time this season he has accounted for seven or more touchdowns. No other player in FBS has done it more than once.LONELY HIGHLIGHTSTyler Rouse scored from 39 yards out on a screen pass from Patrick Towles to give Boston College (4-5, 1-5) its only score. The Eagles were coming off a victory over North Carolina State that was their first ACC win in almost two years.(Louisville) is one of the top three talented teams in America. That quarterback is electric, BC coach Steve Addazio said. When you play a great football team, you cant have self-inflicted mistakes like we had.UP NEXTLOUISVILLE: The Cardinals return home to play Wake Forest before a Thursday night matchup at Houston.BOSTON COLLEGE: Heads to Florida State on Friday night. The Eagles have lost six in a row to the Seminoles despite playing them tightly in the past three seasons, including Florida States 2013 national championship season.---More AP college football at www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25. Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2019 Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys From China Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Womens NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys China Womens NFL Jerseys Cheap Stitched Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Stitched NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen