Image and video hosting by TinyPic

as a lot of build-up due to the in-town

in
Über uns
22.05.2018 07:12
von dasg234 • 3.635 Beiträge

In the wake of the tragic shooting in Dallas that left five law enforcement officers dead, New York Knicks?forward Carmelo Anthony took to social media Friday morning to ask athletes to step up and demand change without resorting to violence.Shooting 11 cops and killing 5 WILL NOT work, Anthony wrote on Instagram. ... Im calling for all my fellow ATHLETES to step up and take charge. Go to your local officials, leaders, congressman, assemblymen/assemblywoman and demand change. Theres NO more sitting back and being afraid of tackling and addressing political issues anymore. Those days are long gone. We have to step up and take charge.We cant worry about what endorsements we gonna lose or whose going to look at us crazy. I need your voices to be heard. We can demand change. We just have to be willing to. THE TIME IS NOW. IM all in. Take Charge. Take Action. DEMAND CHANGE.LeBron James, who said Anthonys Instagram post was on point,?also reached out on Twitter to implore people to stop the violence.In addition to the five officers who died, seven officers and two civilians were also injured Thursday night after an ambush in downtown Dallas following a peaceful march to protest the fatal shootings by police officers of two black men -- Alton Sterling in Louisiana and Philando Castile in Minnesota -- this week.Obviously, violence is not the answer of solving it, Serena Williams said Saturday after winning her seventh Wimbledon title in London. The shooting in Dallas was very sad. No one deserves to lose their life, doesnt matter what color they are, where theyre from.Were all human. We have to learn that we have to love one another. Its going to take a lot of education and a lot of work, I think, to get to that point. But I think, in general, the entire situation is extremely sad, especially for someone like me. Its something that is very painful to see happening.Former Dallas Cowboys receiver and Pro Football Hall of Famer Michael Irvin, speaking to The Dallas Morning News at his football camp, said: You can let it beat you, or you can rally together and say, Not on my watch.And thats what the community in Dallas Im sure will say, Not on my watch, Irvin said. We will not allow this on our watch. We will rally together.Irvin said football could help bridge the divide that permeates much of the nation.It gets rid of some of the issues we are dealing with, Irvin said. With what happened here in Dallas and Minnesota and Louisiana. The game of football helps move past those things.Texas Rangers outfielder Nomar Mazara reacted Friday to a photo posted on Instagram by teammate Joey Gallo that was taken a month ago with Dallas Police Department officer Patrick Zamarripa, who was identified as one of the officers who was killed Thursday night.Who would expect that you would take a picture with somebody a month ago and theyd be dead today, Mazara said. He was a nice guy. He recognized us and we took a picture and talked baseball for about 15 minutes.Dallas athletes also expressed their emotions on social media following Thursday nights attack.We need to steer our anger in the right direction, Anthony wrote. The system is Broken. Point blank period. It has been this way forever. Martin Luther King marched. Malcolm X rebelled. Muhammad Ali literally fought for US. Our anger should be towards the system. If the system doesnt change we will continue to turn on the TVs and see the same thing. We have to put the pressure on the people in charge in order to get this thing we call JUSTICE right.ESPN Staff Writer Jean-Jacques Taylor contributed to this report. Reilly Smith Stanley Cup Jersey . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Malcolm Subban Stanley Cup Jersey . Numbers Game examines the deal that sees Michael Del Zotto and Kevin Klein switch places. The Predators Get: D Michael Del Zotto. http://www.cheapgoldenknightsjerseys.us/ . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. Shea Theodore Stanley Cup Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. Erik Haula Stanley Cup Jersey . The Hall of Fame defenceman told Landsberg that he believes fighting still has a place in todays game, but thinks staged fighting needs be outlawed. CHICAGO -- When Theo Epstein first joined the Chicago Cubs as the teams president in 2011, he said every chance to win would be considered sacred.But even with the Cubs maintaining a healthy lead in the National Leagues Central Division, Epstein knows he cant afford to take anything for granted. So when the Cubs traded for what Epstein called a game-changer in highly sought-after closer Aroldis Chapman from the New York Yankees Monday, Epstein said it improved the Cubs chances of capturing a World Series title this fall.The goal is to win three postseason series and thats not an easy thing to do, Epstein said. You need dynamic players and we felt like we could really benefit from an elite talent -- a game-changing type pitcher like Aroldis Chapman.In 31.1 innings this season with the Yankees, Chapman has converted 20 of 21 save opportunities and has posted a 2.01 ERA with 44 strikeouts.Chapman is set to join the Cubs Tuesday before his new team faces its crosstown rivals, the Chicago White Sox, in the second of a four-game series. Kyle Hendricks (9-6) will start for the Cubs and will face James Shields (4-12).The Cubs bullpen was a high priority heading into next weeks trade deadline and Epstein believes adding Chapman will be a positive add-on moving forward.I cannot wait to take the mound a Wrigley Field and look forward to helping my teammates deliver a championship to Chicago, Chapman said in a statement Monday that also expressed regret for his role in a domestic violence incident that led to a 30-game suspension.ddddddddddddCubs manager Joe Maddon hasnt yet decided how adding Chapman to the Cubs bullpen would impact his staff of relief pitchers. Maddon said each would be bumped up an inning, including current closer Hector Rondon.In the sixth, seventh and eighth (innings), it really opens things up, Maddon said. ... (Chapman) is a unique pitcher, hes unique with his ability to throw the ball that hard regularly.The White Sox have already seen Chapman in May when Chapman picked up his second and third saves. Manager Robin Ventura said in a series that already has a lot of build-up due to the in-town rivalry, his hitters will know what to expect.Hes tough -- he throws hard, Ventura said Monday. Its a live arm and its a nice addition to have. Well definitely have to turn it up when hes pitching.Ventura said the White Sox have already moved on from an incident involving Chris Sale, who will start in the series finale Thursday at Wrigley Field. Sale was suspended for five days after cutting up 1976 throwback jerseys the White Sox were to have worn on Saturday when Sale was scheduled to pitch.The incident wont impact how the White Sox compete against the Cubs, Ventura said.Guys have seen a lot of stuff and its about playing, Ventura said. I think theyre about playing and well go with that until something needs to be addressed. As far as playing, guys are just moving on and playing. China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen