Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Air Force played one of two scoreless ties in the Cotton Bowl g

in Unsere Regeln 27.05.2018 15:34
von t123 • 2.806 Beiträge

BALTIMORE -- Surrounded by the two players he secured shortly before the non-waiver trade deadline, Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette flashed a proud smile.Left-handed starter Wade Miley sat on Duquettes right side and Steve Pearce was on the left at an introductory news conference Tuesday.The addition of Miley, a veteran left-handed starter, and Pearce, a solid utility man with long-ball power, just might be the difference in first-place Baltimores bid to reach the postseason for the second time in three years.Miley was obtained in a trade with Seattle and Pearce came from Tampa Bay.Our scouts have followed Wade for several years, Duquette said. We tried to trade for him when he was in Arizona (from 2011-14). We tried to trade for him again when the Red Sox sent him to Seattle (last December). We didnt really match up. So now we have him. We think hes a good fit. If he can keep the ball on the ground, hes going to help stabilize our rotation.The 33-year-old Pearce played with Baltimore in 2012 and from 2013 through last year.Steve helps us in a lot of different areas, Duquette said. He can play the infield, he can pinch hit, he can play a couple different outfield positions and hes a terrific defensive first baseman.Miley went 7-8 with a 4.98 ERA with the Mariners but was coming off a sound outing against the Chicago Cubs in which he allowed one run over seven innings. Now, the 29-year-old hopes to keep the momentum rolling with the Orioles.When I first found out, I was excited, to go from a third-place team to a first-place team overnight, Miley said. Theres nothing wrong with that. So hopefully I can just come in here and not screw that up.Pearce left a Rays team that was 20 games under .500. He returns to a place where hes enjoyed some of his best seasons in the majors.We were struggling down there in Florida, Pearce said. So to come from worst place to first place is definitely a better situation. Im excited, especially with the group thats in there right now. Ive been playing with those guys forever. So Im ready to pick up where we left off and pave the way toward the playoffs.Both players provide Baltimore with an instant fix, but Miley comes with a contract that extends through 2017 with a club option for 2018. That wasnt necessarily the motivation for Duquette to make the deal, but it sure didnt hurt.Hes got all the qualities to help our club, and not just for this year, for next year, Duquette said.Miley cant wait to get started. Manager Buck Showalter said its likely the lefty will make his Baltimore debut on Thursday night against the Texas Rangers.Im just going to go out when its my turn to pitch and just try to give us a chance to win, he said. Thats kind of what Ive done throughout my career. Just go out and compete.Pearce will probably get his first start on Wednesday, Showalter said.To make room for the newcomers on the roster, the Orioles optioned pitchers Tyler Wilson and Odrisamer Despaigne to Triple-A Norfolk. Seahawks Jerseys China . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Youth Shaquem Griffin Jersey . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. http://www.wholesaleseahawksjerseys.com/?tag=youth-rashaad-penny-jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Youth Jamarco Jones Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Youth Michael Dickson Jersey . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. DALLAS -- Jalen Robinette and the Air Force Falcons havent even led since a win over service academy rival Navy that had them unbeaten and maybe thinking about a national ranking.Now its just about survival in the Mountain West Conference.Teriyon Gipson rushed for 140 yards with a touchdown and caught a pass for another score, leading New Mexico to a 45-40 victory over Air Force on Saturday.The Falcons (4-2, 1-2 Mountain West) lost their second straight, and have trailed from the opening minutes to the finish both times after a 35-26 loss at Wyoming a week earlier.When we were 4-0, there was a lot of hype going around, said Robinette, who had his third straight 100-yard receiving game. Came up short twice, but those are the ones that hurt because youre right there. With the group we have, we keep our heads up.Playing at the historic Cotton Bowl not far from his Dallas high school, Gipson ran 60 yards down the sideline on an option pitch to give the Lobos (3-3, 2-1) a 14-3 lead in the first quarter.The neutral site game at the Texas state fair featured teams with a combined 51 players from the Lone Star State, including 17 starters.I always dreamed about playing in the Cotton Bowl, watching Texas-OU, being from Dallas, its right up the street, Gipson said. My first time playing in it, I wanted to make it memorable.Nate Romine threw for 280 yards and two touchdowns for the Falcons.New Mexicos nation-leading rushing offense had 373 yards against an Air Force defense that was No. 2 nationally against the run and had allowed 401 yards all season coming in.The teams combined for 974 yards -- 443 for New Mexico and 531 for Air Force -- and eight scoring drives of 70-plus yards.But both defenses stiffened in the fourth quarter, when the Lobos had just 9 yards rushing and punted four times. Romine was sacked three times after halftime, and Air Force stalled twice in the final 3 1/2 minutes when a touchdown would have put the Falcons ahead.When you know its going to be a shootout game type like that, youve just got to buckle down and know that weve got to score every drive, said Jacobi Owens, who led Air Forrce with 106 yards rushing.dddddddddddd Sadly at the end, we didnt score every drive.Lamar Jordan had a career-high two touchdown passes for the ground-oriented Lobos. After a 12-yarder to Gipson midway through the second quarter, he floated one to a wide-open Q Drennan for a 45-yard score . It was one of the nine plays of 30-plus yards in the game.Robinette finished with season highs of seven catches for 182 yards, including a 53-yard score .Tyrone Owens had a career-high 126 yards rushing and a touchdown for the Lobos, who got two rushing TDs from Richard McQuarley.STAYING NEUTRALIt was actually the third neutral site game between these schools from neighboring western states. Two of the first three games in the series were played in Denver in 1957 and 1959, just up the road from Air Forces Colorado Springs campus. The high-scoring game came 57 years after Air Force played one of two scoreless ties in the Cotton Bowl game, against TCU.GAME HELMETAfter the game, Gipson handed his helmet to 8-year-old nephew Marcell Gipson Jr., one of several family members in attendance. Thats my biggest fan, Gipson said. Hes been watching me since high school, middle school. He called my name all the time on the sidelines so after the game I had to go show him some love.THE TAKEAWAYNew Mexico: The Lobos bounced back strong from a blowout loss to No. 15 Boise State and might have taken a big step toward a second straight bowl season under fifth-year coach Bob Davie.Air Force: The Falcons might have been thinking about making a run for the Top 25 after improving to 4-0 with a win over Navy, which handed No. 13 Houston its first loss a week later. But consecutive Mountain West losses have changed their outlook.UP NEXTNew Mexico: Home against Louisiana-Monroe next Saturday.Air Force: Home against Hawaii next Saturday.---This story corrects previous versions to show 9 yards rushing in the fourth quarter for New Mexico instead of 10 and 182 yards receiving for Jalen Robinette instead of 169. Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys 2018 Cheap Stitched Jerseys Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Wholesale China NFL Jerseys White ' ' '

nach oben springen

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: maradiliko
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 9574 Themen und 9597 Beiträge.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen